Although it is not winter nothing beats a delicious chili and here is my best chili dish.
I start with 2 packs of lean ground turkey and brown it up in a frying pan, of course this varies if you are not trying to feed my small army. In a crock pot combine the ground turkey with…
- sliced turkey kielbasa
- a can of pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 diced onion and 1 diced orange pepper that had been sweated with minced garlic
- 2 cans of no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 large can of plain tomato sauce
- 2 tbls of chilli powder
- 1 tbls of red pepper flakes
- 1 tbls of cayenne pepper
- 2 tbls of ground cumin
- 2 tbls of oregano
- 1 tbls of basil
I turned the crock pot on low and just let it do it’s thing while I went to work. When it was done I put it in a bowel with some cheese and a dollop of light sour cream. The reason I love my chilli so much is that it gives such a good flavor without it being to incredibly hot/spicy.
Note: All my spice measurements are approximations because I usually don’t measure anything.
Enjoy your time in the kitchen!