Shredded chicken is one of our current weekday go-to meals because it’s easy to make and it’s okay if we don’t all eat dinner at the same time because it’s good cold or hot, and it reheats well. With the kids off doing summer things on a daily basis easy dinners like this make the evenings a little more manageable.
While canned cranberry sauce is convenience, it’s surprising how easy it is to actually make cranberry sauce from scratch. And of course, it’s easy to modify to add other ingredients to give it your own special flavor.
- 3 cups cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- Rinse 3 cups cranberries under cold water.
- Add 1 cup sugar to the pot.
- Then add 1 cup water.Bring to a boil.
- Boil for about 4-5 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add cranberries.Boil and stir occasionally for about 5 minutes and until the cranberries are fully popped.
- You can serve the cranberry sauce warm or chill it in an air-tight container in the fridge.
- You’ll also need a strainer, measuring cups, a pot and a spoon that can withstand the heat.
Homemade Jam and Chutney Will Beat Any Store Brand Any Day of the Week
Making jams and chutney at home is a rewarding process. Jams and chutneys can be made then canned or frozen for future use, yielding you a long shelf-life of use. You can use almost any ingredients that tickle your taste buds to create some yummy recipes.
Here are five great easy to make recipes and a few useful tools to start you off. These recipes can be doubled or cut in half, depending upon your preference. All of these recipes and almost all of the jam and chutney recipes out there instruct you to can them for future use. Enjoy the recipes and let your creativity flow in creating your own.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 fl oz low fat milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp apple sauce
- 6-8 thickly cut slices bread
- Mix together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, sugar and apple sauce in a large bowl. Soak each slice of bread until thoroughly saturated. Then fry the slices of bread in a greased frying pan on both sides until starting to turn brown.
- Serve immediately with your favorite syrup and enjoy!